Wild Wild Riches Pokie Review
Pragmatic Play is back with another online pokie, and this one is titled Wild Wild Riches: Luck of the Irish. This virtual game of chance is a five-reel affair with 576 ways to win, and it’s filled with imagery evoking leprechauns and other good-natured Irish stereotypes.
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their games on a scale of one to five lightning bolts. Wild Wild Riches is rated just over four bolts, which means it pays less often than average. However, the chance to claim big wins within a short period of time is greater.
This type of game is best for players with a strong bankroll and lots of patience. If you’re neither of those, then you may want to look elsewhere.
Return to Player
The return-to-player percentage (aka RTP) for this game ranges from 96% to 96.77%. This is the average payout of the machine, which is calculated over thousands of spins. The latter comes into play if the ante bet option is active.
This means that for every $100 wagered, you’ll collect anywhere from $96 to $96.77. That’s a respectable amount and superior to most online or land-based pokies.
This pokie has a wide range of possible wagers. The smallest is $0.25, while the largest is $125. This makes the game suitable for all bankrolls, including high rollers.
The player has the option of increasing the bet multiplier by 20%. This is accomplished by selecting the Bet option located to the right of the reels.
When this option is activated, it increases the chances of getting wild symbols on both reels one and two. Not only does this provide a better chance of a cash prize, but it also increases the odds of getting the free spins bonus.
Wild Wild Riches Pay Table
This section lists all the symbols found in the Wild Wild Riches pokie. Please keep in mind that payouts vary depending on the player’s wager, so larger bets result in bigger prizes. For the examples below, I’ve used a wager of $20.
- Bonus – This leprechaun hat only appears on reel three. If it lands along with a wild on reels one and two, then the free spins bonus triggers.
- Wild – This icon appears on reels one and two. It substitutes for all symbols except the bonus and money. Along with the bonus symbol, it also triggers the free spin feature.
- Heart, Club and Diamond – On a winning line, these three icons pay $1.60 for three matches, $4 for four, and $8 for five.
- Spade – This final poker symbol is valued at $3.20 for three matches, $6.40 for four, and $12 for five.
- Toadstool – This form of fungus pays $3.20 for three matches, $6.40 for four, and $16 for five.
- Pipe – Leprechauns love to smoke a pipe, which is why this symbol is present. It pays $6.40 for three matches, $8 for four, and $20 for five.
- Horseshoe – A common symbol of luck, this icon pays $8 for three matches, $20 for four, and $40 for five.
- Harp – This golden musical instrument is worth $16 for three matches, $40 for four, and $80 for five.
- Mug of Beer – This tasty alcoholic beverage pays $40 for three matches, $60 for four, and $160 for five.
- Pot of Gold – You can read more about this symbol in the following section.
Money Collect Feature
The money symbol is located on reels three through five. Each spin, these icons take a random value from a predefined set.
When wild symbols land on the first two reels, along with money icons on reels three through five, the displayed cash value is collected.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Direct money awards range from 1x to 25x the total bet.
- Multipliers and Jackpot values only appear on reel five.
- Jackpot values are worth 50x (mini), 100x (major), or 500x (mega) the total bet.
Free Spins Feature
To trigger this feature, you’ll need to land wild symbols on reels one and two, as well as a bonus icon on reel three. When this occurs, the player receives 10 free spins.
Special reels are in play during this feature, and more money and wild symbols are present. The feature can also be retriggered for an additional 10 spins (with no upper limit).
The standard reel symbols don’t provide a lot of profit, but the special features can more than make up for this shortcoming. The RTP is above-average, which is always a reason to recommend a game. The overall presentation is solid, with crisp graphics and an unobtrusive soundtrack.
For additional poker machine reviews, give the following articles a look: