Mysterious Pokie Review
Mysterious is one of the latest pokie releases from Pragmatic Play. Set in the Victorian era, it features ghosts and an overall eerie atmosphere. During the base game, there are 256 ways to win. However, this increases to 4,096 during the free spins round.
For more information about the game, please read the review below.
The lowest possible wager for Mysterious is $0.10 per spin. Meanwhile, the largest option per spin is $100. This is perfect for players with low to medium bankrolls, although high rollers are likely to be dissatisfied.
Pokies from Pragmatic Play are rated on a scale of one to five lightning bolts to indicate volatility. This game rates five bolts, which means its volatility is high. The result is that the game pays out less often, but the duration between big payouts is usually shorter.
Return to Player
Return to player (or RTP) is the average amount paid back to the customer. The RTP for Mysterious is 96.5%, which means you can expect (on average) to receive $96.50 for every $100 wagered. This amount can fluctuate a great deal over the short term. However, it’ll always prove true over thousands of spins.
Mysterious Pay Table
The following is the complete pay table for Mysterious. Payouts change based on the player’s wager, and the examples below assume a maximum bet of $100.
- Club and Diamond – These traditional poker icons pay $50 for four matches, $100 for five, and $200 for six.
- Heart and Spade – These other two poker mainstays are worth $50 for four matches, $150 for five, and $250 for six.
- Bull Door Knocker – Pays $50 for three matches, $100 for four, $200 for five, and $300 for six.
- Ram Door Knocker – This sinister icon is worth $50 for three matches, $150 for four, $300 for five, and $500 for six.
- Wolf Door Knocker – Pays $100 for three matches, $200 for four, $400 for five, and $600 for six.
- Lion Door Knocker – This golden icon is worth $100 for three, $250 for four, $500 for five, and $1000 for six.
- Mysterious Logo – The pokie’s ornate logo pays $250 for three matches, $500 for four, $1000 for five, and $2500 for six.
Random Spin Features
During any spin on the base game, one of three modes may activate at random. All of these symbols are wild, substituting for all others except the free spins and wild icons. They can only be found on reels two through four. They include:
- The Lord –When this symbol is part of a winning combo, it awards a bonus multiplier of 2x or 3x. If you’re lucky enough to get more than one wild on a winning line, the bonuses multiply one another.
- The Lady – When part of a winning line, this symbol expands to reveal a mystery stacked symbol (after the original has been paid out). Of course, this can lead to even more winning combos.
- The Baron – This icon affects vertically adjacent symbols. When this occurs, the icons next to The Baron are transformed into wilds.
Free Spins Bonus
This feature triggers when three or more Free Spins symbols appear on the reels of the base game. Three of these symbols result in eight free spins, while four award twelve free spins.
The base game has four reels. However, during free spins the reels expand to six.
Prior to the spins taking place, the player is asked to choose from one of the following:
- Free Spins with Locking Multiplier Active – A single clock scatter awards a multiplier from 3x to 12x. Meanwhile, two scatters award an additional three spins and lock the multiplier in place. The wild symbol appears on reels two through five, while the clock scatter is present on reels one and six.
- Free Spins with Resurrecting Roaming Wilds Active – After a wild symbol lands on the reels, it floats around like a ghost during subsequent free spins. If more wilds appear during a later spin, the old icon lands on a random space and once again becomes active.
I love games with a supernatural theme, so Mysterious was a lot of fun. The high volatility can make it frustrating at times, but the random spin features always provide excitement. With a solid RTP and diverse free spins bonus, it’s an excellent choice for those with low to medium bankrolls.
If you’ve enjoyed this pokie review and would like to read more, then please check out the following: