Christmas Gift Rush Pokie Review
The designers at Habanero are back with another pokie, and this time the theme involves the holidays. Christmas Gift Rush should get you in the appropriate spirit, and it’s also excellent for beginners thanks to the 3×3 grid.
Not sure if it’s right for you? Then read the following review and make up your mind.
Before spinning the reels, the player needs to make a couple of decisions. The first is to select the Bet Level, with the options including one, two, three, five and ten. The next is to decide on the value of each coin, with options ranging from $0.20 to $100.
The game’s lowest possible wager is $0.20 per spin. Meanwhile, the highest is a whopping $1000 per spin.
The options above make Christmas Gift Rush a versatile pokie suitable for players of all bankrolls. The upper end is especially impressive, and it’s been a while since I’ve reviewed a game with a $1000 limit.
Where to Play
If you want to give Christmas Gift Rush a try, you’ll need to locate an online casino with games from Habanero. For Australian punters, quality options include Kahuna and Johnny Kash.
Christmas Gift Rush Paytable
This section looks at the various symbols on the Christmas Gift Rush poker machine. Please note that the payouts change according to the player’s wager, so bigger risks will inevitably result in larger rewards.
As mentioned earlier, this pokie has dozens of betting options. However, I’m assuming a bet of $20 per spin for the examples.
- Candy Cane – A green and white candy cane, this symbol is valued at $20 on a winning payline.
- Teddy Bear – This adorable blue teddy bear pays $60 for a trio of icons.
- Bell – I’m not sure if this is a toy or a Christmas tree decoration. Either way, three of them on a valid payline are worth $200.
- Toy Truck – This miniature dump truck pays $400 when a trio of symbols land on an active payline.
- Wild – This symbol takes the shape of a red gift-wrapped present. It serves as the game’s wild symbol, which means it substitutes for all other icons. If three of these form a winning line, you’ll receive $400.
Most pokies offer more symbols, so this is a bit disappointing. Of course, this is due to the 3×3 grid layout, so at least there’s a reasonable explanation.
During all base games, only the centre row is initially activated. However, this can soon change thanks to the Nudge Feature.
This unique feature is triggered during any base game win. When this happens, a single random reel will nudge one symbol down, with payouts being awarded again.
- First Nudge – Top row is activated.
- Second Nudge – Bottom row is activated.
- Third Nudge – Increases the multiplier by +1.
The Buy Feature sits just above the reels on the upper left side, and it can be activated with a click of your mouse. When activated, each spin will trigger the Nudge Feature. Of course, nothing is free in this world, so activating it costs 30x the total bet.
I suggest staying away from this option, as it’s a good way to deplete your money. Still, I do appreciate the fact that it’s available.
The betting range is the most impressive thing about this pokie, so it’s ideal for everyone in that regard. I’m not a big fan of the 3×3 grid, but beginners and more casual punters should enjoy it. The Nudge Feature is certainly unique, although I’m still partial to more conventional bonus rounds.
Ultimately, there’s nothing wrong with Christmas Gift Rush. It’s not for everyone, but the same could be said about every game. If you really want to know what it’s about, then find a casino with Habanero titles and give it a try.
For even more poker machine reviews, please see the following: