Choco Reels Pokie Review
Choco Reels is the latest virtual pokie from the designers at Wazdan. It has six reels, multiple bonus levels, and a tempting candy theme that’s sure to make your mouth water. For more details, please read the following review.
Finding the Game
In order to play Choco Reels, you’ll need to find an online casino that offers titles from Wazdan. Several are available, but I suggest Woo Casino due to their game selection and dependable customer service.
When a winning line occurs, the symbols disappear from the screen. Next, the symbols above them fall down to replace the missing spots. Finally, the vacant areas are now replaced with new icons.
This means a single spin can result in multiple wins. I’m a big fan of the cascading reel layout. I don’t think I’m alone, either, as I’ve noticed an increase in these games over the last few years.
Adjustable Reel Speed
Most online pokies allow you to adjust the speed of your spin. However, this game includes the option next to the spin button.
The default speed is regular, while an additional click increases it to fast. Another click raises it even more (my favorite), which is ideal for high-volume punters.
Size of Wagers
Choco Reels offers 15 betting options for the player. The lowest is a modest $0.20, while the highest is $100. This makes the pokie suitable for most punters, although low and medium rollers are recommended.
Unlike most poker machines, Choco Reels allows the player to adjust the level of volatility (also known as “variance”) for each spin. These include the following:
- Low Volatility – In general, you can expect a winning payline to come along every five to ten spins. The only downside is that payouts tend to be on the small side.
- Standard Volatility – Offers average but frequent payouts. This is the most popular type of variance, as it includes the best of both worlds.
- High Volatility – Wins don’t occur as often, but the odds of getting larger payouts in short order are higher. Ideal for players who enjoy taking risks.
Possible Reel Combinations
The base game features 2,304 ways to win. However, additional reel positions may come into play during the course of the game.
In total, there are seven possible reel combinations. 2,304 is the smallest, while 10,368 sits right in the middle. The highest reel combination is listed at 46,656 ways to win.
Choco Reel Paytable
Each symbol has a different payout value, although this is also influenced by the size of the wager. In the examples below, I’m using $20 per spin as an example.
- Blue Candy Cane and Green Candy – Both of these symbols pay $1 for three matches, $2 for four, $4 for five, and $8 for six.
- Purple Wrapper Candy – This symbol is valued at $2 for three matches, $3 for four, $6 for five, and $10 for six.
- Polka Dot Wrapper Candy – Pays $2 for three matches, $4 for four, $8 for five, and $12 for six.
- Striped Wrapper Candy – Valued at $4 for three matches, $6 for four, $10 for five, and $15 for six.
- Orange Slice Candy – Worth $5 for three matches, $8 for four, $12 for five, and $20 for six.
- Candy Corn – Often seen during Halloween, this candy is worth $6 for three matches, $10 for four, $15 for five, and $25 for six.
- Candy with Green/Brown Stripes – This colorful candy is worth $7 for three matches, $12 for four, $20 for five, and $50 for six.
- Peppermint Candy – Valued at $8 for three matches, $15 for four, $25 for five, and $100 for six.
- Lollipop – Pays $10 for three matches, $20 for four, $50 for five, and $200 for six.
- Donut with Sprinkles – This is the game’s scatter symbol. It pays $10 for three matches, $20 for four, $50 for five, and $100 for six. Three or more scatters trigger the Free Spins bonus.
- Wild – This icon substitutes for all other symbols, with the exception of the scatter.
Choco Spins Bonus
During the base game, 12 spots on the reels are covered by pieces of chocolate. For each win during a single spin, however, pieces of chocolate are removed. At the same time, a meter to the right of the reels begins to fill up.
When the meter is full, and all reels are available, the Choco Spins Bonus activates. The player receives six spins, with each one corresponding to a level on the meter. The first spin carries a winning multiplier of 1x, and this increases by one during each subsequent turn (for a maximum of 6x).
Free Spins Bonus
Three or more scatter icons unlock the Free Spins Bonus. This awards the player with 10 free spins, and the phase is played with 46,656 ways to win.
A new symbol becomes available, awarding the player with three extra spins when part of a winning payline. Each win also increases the payout multiplier by one, and there’s no upper limit to how high it can rise.
Buying Bonus Rounds
In addition to triggering the bonus rounds the old fashioned way, you can choose to purchase them. You can buy either the Choco Spins or Free Spins Bonus.
The Choco Spins Bonus costs 25x the player’s wager. Meanwhile, the Free Spins Bonus costs 50x the current bet.
After a successful spin, the player can try to increase their winnings. This is accomplished by guessing the hidden color of a piece of candy.
A successful guess doubles the player’s payout, and this can be done up to seven times in a row. However, a missed guess results in the latest win being lost.
At first glance, Choco Reels seems like a simplistic game that lacks any real substance. Once you’ve played it a few times, though, you’ll realize that’s not the case.
The presence of multiple bonus features is a welcome addition, as are the wide variety of candy symbols. While I don’t suggest trying it, I also enjoyed seeing the gamble feature.
If you’re looking for a new pokie option, you can do a lot worse than Choco Reels. Plus, it provides an opportunity to support an up-and-coming game designer (Wazdan).
For more poker machine reviews, please see the following: